Two Convenient Locations
- Out-Patient Surgery Center at our Pointe West office in Bradenton
- Laser Center at our Bee Ridge office in Sarasota
Thanks to technological advancements in the field of ophthalmology, most eye surgeries do not require that a patient be hospitalized. With this in mind, the professionals at The Eye Associates have two outpatient centers to treat you and your family in accordance with the high standards expected from leaders in eyecare.
If you would like to learn more about our surgery or laser center, and the outpatient procedures we provide, please contact us today.
Back to Top
Why Choose The Eye Associates?
Having any kind of surgery is a major decision, and you need to be confident that the facility you choose is the best available. The Eye Associates’ Ambulatory Surgery Center (ASC) at our Pointe West office in Bradenton, and the Laser Center at our Bee Ridge office in Sarasota, are both exclusively dedicated to eye surgeries. For this reason, surgery patients can be confident that the staff is experienced in your eye procedure, and the facility has the most state-of-the-art surgical equipment.
You will receive personalized care from some of the most qualified, Board Certified cataract surgeons in the country. You can also be confident that the staff of RNs, LPNs, and trained technicians has a unique knowledge and expertise in eye surgery that insures that you will receive an enhanced quality of care.
Back to Top
Out-Patient Surgery Center at Our Pointe West Office in Bradenton
The Infiniti® Vision System - for Increased Safety and Enhanced Outcome
The Eye Associates was the first practice in the area to offer the Infiniti® Vision System, the highest caliber of cataract surgery technology on the market today. This new science provides active monitoring of all critical parameters and reduces mechanical stress on the eye; thereby increasing the safety of the procedure. The added gentleness this equipment brings to the procedure speeds recovery time so active patients can resume their normal lifestyle more quickly.
Advanced Accreditations – AAAHC & Medicare Approved
Our Surgery Center is state licensed and Medicare approved. It also has an advanced accreditation from the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC), which is given only to those centers with superior patient care ratings. The AAAHC Certificate of Accreditation demonstrates an organization’s commitment to provide safe, high quality services to patients.
Personal Surgery Counseling
Our caring staff understands the natural feeling of anxiety about having surgery. They will take the time to make sure you know what to expect the day of surgery and discuss any financial arrangements. They can even arrange for financing, if you have a need. Rest assured that on the day of your surgery, you will feel confident and well informed.
Friends and family are encouraged to participate in all phases of your surgical experience, and we invite them to watch your surgery on closed circuit television with a personal narrator who will explain each step of your surgery.
Back to Top
The Laser Center at our Bee Ridge Office in Sarasota
The VISX® Star 4 Laser
VISX® remains the industry leader in quality and innovation, and the VISX® Star 4 laser system that we use adds a new level of diagnostic information to insure superior surgical outcomes.
The VISX® Star 4 laser has the following unique features:
- ActiveTrak® 3D Eye-Tracking - VISX’s® ActiveTrak® 3D eye-tracking technology adds a higher level of precision, safety and comfort not previously available. To ensure pinpoint accuracy, the eye-tracking technology detects and continuously compensates for eye movements by accurately guiding the laser beam to center precisely over the treatment area. Unlike other lasers with eye-tracking technology, ActiveTrak® requires no pupil dilation, leading to an even quicker recovery time.
- VISX® Iris Registration™ – Iris Registration™ adds another level of sophistication to laser vision correction, and further enhances the quality of vision achieved. In simple terms, Iris Registration™ takes the wavescan-generated picture of a patient’s iris, recognizing that the iris is unique to each patient, and transfers it to the laser. When the patient lays down for their laser treatment, sometimes the eye can rotate. The laser takes another picture of the patient’s iris and compares it to the previous iris picture (registration) taken by the wavescan. The laser will then automatically compensate for any rotation, thereby ensuring an accurate and superior laser vision outcome, and virtually eliminating human error.
- Custom Vue WaveScan ™ WaveFront technology, developed from space technology, allows us to capture and correct your unique imperfections with 25 times more precision than could previously be detected using standard measurements for glasses. It also has been shown to improve night vision in some patients.
- The VISX® Exclusive SmartBeam ™ technology adjusts beam size according to treatment, minimizing the amount of corneal tissue that needs to be removed.
The Star 4 laser offers patients the quickest treatment time, with the least tissue removal, and the smoothest finish on the cornea of any laser available today.
Back to Top
Lasers in Modern Eyecare
Lasers have many great advantages for patients, such as minimal risk of infection as well as the convenience and cost advantage of being able to perform procedures in an outpatient setting. Surgeons also like it because of the high degree of precision it offers.
Lasers are routinely used in the treatment of diabetic retinopathy, macular degeneration, glaucoma, repairing retinal tears, and are also effective for clearing a cloudy capsule following cataract surgery. The success of laser surgery in treating disease depends on the type of eye condition being treated. In some cases, the laser only helps prevent further loss of sight, while in other situations normal vision may be restored.
A wonderful addition to the list of laser uses today is in refractive surgery procedures such as LASIK. Lasers can resculpt the cornea, offering patients an alternative to wearing glasses and/or contact lenses.
Back to Top
If you would like to learn more about our Surgery & Laser Center, contact us today to speak with our staff during an informative appointment.