Premier Surgeon 250 List surgeon, Dr. Cathleen McCabe from The Eye Associates, talks about who is a candidate for Clear Lens Replacement surgery.
- The Eye Associates >
- Month: July 2013
The National Institute of Health (NIH) found that hearing loss is 2 times more common in diabetics as those without diabetes. Even pre-diabetics have 30% more hearing loss than those with normal blood sugar. Why is this? Hearing depends on small blood vessels and nerves in the inner ear. Researchers believe that high blood glucose levels can damage vessels and nerves, causing hearing loss. The good news is that most hearing loss can be treated with hearing aids. And remember, the sooner the loss is treated, the more hearing that can be retained.Reference: American Diabetes Association
Another side effect of hearing loss which is often overlooked, is the effect it can have on our emotional and social well-being. Hearing loss can cause us to distance ourselves from family and friends because we just can’t hear the conversation, or often miss the details. If you miss the small everyday noises that bring so much joy…like laughter, waves crashing on the shore and birds chirping in the trees…call 1-866-865-2020 to schedule your FREE, no-obligation hearing evaluation today.
Recognize the onset of hearing loss by asking yourself the following questions:
– Do you avoid crowded places because you have difficulty understanding conversations?
– Do you have ringing or other noises in your ears?
– Do you have difficulty understanding women or young children?
– Do others complain that you watch TV with the volume too high?
– Do you frequently have to ask others to repeat themselves?
– In everyday conversations, does it seem like people are mumbling?
If you answered YES to one or more of these questions, call 941-792-2020
to schedule your FREE Hearing Evaluation at Hearing at The Eye Associates today!
- “Tanning” rays
- Penetrate deeply into the skin
- Cause suntan, sun burn, and sun damage
- Augments the effect of UVB in causing skin cancer
- “Burn” index
- Cause suntan, sunburn, and skin cancer
- Most of what we call “aging” of the skin is actually the result of long-term ultraviolet damage from decades in the past.
Hearing loss is a very gradual process, so you may not notice it at first. It is estimated that 1/3 of Americans will have some degree of hearing loss by the time they are 65. After age 75, that percentage jumps to half. Getting help early is imperative in order to retain as much hearing as possible in later years. Waiting too long can cause hearing loss that is beyond correction. Knowing the physical and emotional signs and symptoms of hearing loss will help you realize when you need a full hearing evaluation, which The Eye Associates provides at no charge and with no obligation.