With locations in Bradenton, Sarasota, Ellenton & Venice, FL
More Choices Than Ever!
While some people enjoy the fashion statement of eyeglasses, others seek an alternative to glasses; preferring contact lenses. The Eye Associates carries a full range of contact lens brands and products, and many times we are able to fit you the same day.
Some common types of contact lenses that we fit are:
- Disposable daily wear contact lenses
- Colored contact lenses to change your eye color
- Extended wear contact lenses for overnight wear
- Bifocal contact lenses providing both near and distance vision
- Monovision contact lenses as an alternative to bifocals
- Toric contact lenses for correction of astigmatism
- Gas Permeable (GP) contact lenses
- Contact lenses for keratoconus patients
- Prosthetic contact lenses to mask eye disfigurements
- Silicone Hydrogel contact lenses that transmit more oxygen
- Special-Effect contact lenses, especially popular at Halloween
- Specialty sports team contact lenses to support your favorite football team
- Specialty sports contact lenses, such as the Nike Maxsight, great for golf and tennis. (Contact lenses are especially popular with athletes because they provide a full field of unobstructed vision, when participating in sports.)
Have Brown Eyes but Always Dreamed of Blue?
Alcon’s Air Optix® Colors you can do just that! They offer 5 subtle colors for a more natural look as well as 4 vibrant colors that can completely change the color of your eyes. Take a look at the photos below that simulate how they look on different eye colors.
Photos from Alcon website
ACUVUE® also has a line of daily colored contact lenses called ACUVUE DEFINE. They have 3 designs, Sparkle™, Natural Shimmer™ and Shine™, that can brighten, highlight and contrast your natural eye color.
If you have been told in the past that you could not wear contact lenses, odds are that that is no longer true. Today there are more safe and convenient contact lens options than ever before. Our optometrists are highly skilled at satisfying hard-to-fit patients, and they will be happy to help you decide which contact lens is best for your visual needs.
Click here or call toll free 1-866-865-2020 to make an appointment with one of our skilled optometric physicians. Please tell them that you are interested in a contact lens fitting.